Monday, May 4, 2009

Pre-Departure Invitation

I got a letter in the mail the other day, and after promptly tearing open the only piece of mail I’ve had for weeks, I soon discovered it was (hazah!) a invitation/notification to my pre-departure orientation! It’s next weekend (May 16) and there are going to be about 5 other eager kids like me.
I’m the only one going thats headed for Italy, which was surprising. I think the mode (yes I just used that word) was Switzerland.

Alas, I still have some bad news. I haven’t gotten a host family yet :O. Which is bummer! But last night I had a dream that I was placed in Palermo (however it’s spelled) in Sicily, Italy. Maybe this is a revelation. I doubt it though haha. With my luck I will be placed 2 days before I leave and somewhere in the mountains that has a long, cold, winter. Knock on wood. Not that that would be all too bad, keeping in mind being farther north would just make it easier to see more of Europe! It’s so weird to think that I only have about four more months of living in the United States before I turn Italian!

No comments: