Nothing much has changed since I last posted. Only now I am getting more and more frustrated with the Italian language as time passes on. I want to scream. I know I can do more.. I just... can't. It's hard to explain. But I just wish ignorant people will realize soon that I left my friends and family and comforts and came here to learn a damn language and learn more about the differences and the struggles and the similarities. It's not like I don't want to learn. I'm not stupid, thanks.
Anyways at the end of January I went to Milan with my boyfriend and some other lovely people to go to the Arctic Monkeys concert. That was purely amazing and I had a lot of fun. (: It was pretty crazy and it was the biggest concert I've ever been to. *thank you Francesco, wonderful christmas gift (:
That same week I also went to Aosta with AFS. It was really lovely to see some other AFSers. I love AFSers they are such fascinating people. I could honestly sit and talk with some of them for hours. Which is what I ended up doing, because Aosta was extremely cold, and we went there to look at wood.. Yes, wood. Like wood artwork. It was interesting and I liked the spirit everyone had there. It was really cute.
Tomorrow there is a party for the newest arrival to the Ivrea chapter; Caleb. Another American. I'm glad to have another AFSer but I'm pretty sure this won't help me in my quest to learn Italian ):
Anywho!!!!! NEXT WEEK IS CARNEVALE! HOLY S&%*!

Everyone is basically crapping their pants right now. I have to admit, I am too. There are decorations up all over the city. So beautiful, so epic, so... I don't remember my descriptive english words well, but it's pretty cool. Also there are nets over the buildings to protect them from the epic orange battle that will take place. Also, they put sand all over the streets.. to protect them from the mounds of oranges that will soon lay upon them.
The gist of what I understand is to come is; lots of alcohol, and even more oranges. Let's leave it at that.
Okay so I'll update in a bit. With details of every orange I will see hurdled at innocent people. And details of every innocent person hurdled at oranges.
Ciao - out.


1 comment:
Ah yes,
the smell of orange. We in Morocco are starting to sense spring too...
Vago
Post a Comment