Monday, July 6, 2009

roughly 63 more days

Roughly 63 more days of summer time in Northern Michigan. It's flying by way to fast. In a way I'm anxious, and in other I want everything to slow down. So I figure, normal time is a happy middle ground.

I'm sad to say I've still got quite a bit to do. All those "things to do before I leave for Italy" are kind of piling up. Like say, learn Italian - or - get new glasses, and all those little things in between.

It's really weird to think that I'm leaving for a entire ten months, in - about - 63 days. And it still hasn't hit me. I'll be leaving my comfortable life in TC for something new and foreign. I know I'm going to like it, love it, and every moment of it. But at the same time half my mind will be back home, thinking of everyone else.

I know being an exchange student is NOT a 10 month vacation, like some people think it is (?), and I am so excited to learn and open my mind and travel.

As for the host family, well I got their application, and they seem like really nice folks. I think we'll all get on well. They seem to have the same life style as my family. And they have a cute little sail boat on the coast too! The only thing is I still haven't gotten ahold of them! Only my host sister, Michela, and I have had a few hurried messages on facebook.

Oh well I'm sure everything will end up like it should. It always does (:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I want to study abroad in Italy next year for my senior year, so I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures there. I hope you don't mind that I am following ou on twitter.

Erica