
Wow. I’m in Italy. Scratch that, I’m living in
Italy. Here’s what has happened up until now:
NYC Orientation:
Ah Dio, this was incredibly boring. I thought that it would be fun, but really it was just a repitition of the pre departure orientation. And that one sucked in the first place.
We talked about homesickness and how we should all breakup with our boyfriends / girlfriends. Fun stuff, right?
We all went to sleep, eager for the next day.
And then when the next day came, we couldn’t wait to leave for the airport at 2:30. When we finally did it all went rather smoothly. I don’t know of one person who had to pay extra even though they had an overweight bag or an extra checked bag.
When we finally got on the plane, everyone switched seats. Let me tell you, by the end of that plane ride, you and who ever you’re sitting by will be great friends.
Somehow, I managed to stay up all night not doing anything but talking and trying to sleep in awkward positions (to no avail).
When we arrived in Zurich, I was pretty excited. But it was hard to see because of my tiredness. But a lot of things were different just in the airport because it was EUROPE.
The layover was boring as heck. We mostly sat there and waited around.
In the plane to Rome, everyone slep
t. Except me. I wanted to see the mountains. I’ll admit though I did doze for a few minutes. The plane ride seemed long even though it was the shortest yet (51 minutes).
When we arrived in Rome, everything was a little hectic. Everyone gathered their bags and waited near the exit of the airport. When we finally got on our bus, everyone slept. even me.
24 hours of sleep was just too much.
But what I saw of Roma was beautiful.
The Rome orientation was BORING. And half of
the US kids arrived late. Everyone was very tired and couldn't wait to go to sleep.
The next morning everyone was leaving at different times. I had to say goodbye to the interesting people I met and hop on the bus to get to the train station. Then we finally boarded the train.
Fast forward 7 hours, through amazing little coastal towns and tuscan fields and whatnot, and I'm in Turin, getting off the train. Everyone was really nervous. I was. Ahh but when I met my host family I was so happy. They are the best!!!!!
We walked a little around Turin while Edo (host brother) found some shoes. And after that, we headed for Ivrea!!!!
Wow, I love Ivrea. It's 10000x better than I expected.

It's beautiful, and easy to get around. I love all the other exchange students too!! :)
So the first night Michela took me to a group gathering thing where all the teens of Ivrea (or so it seemed) were all hanging out, drinking. It was really fun, and I met alot of nice people. The music was crazy, its called house music or something. Basically it's techno.
The next day I went with Michela and her friends to the mountains to go swimming. It was really too cold so we just hung out by the river.
Afterwards we went to a cute little bar. Nestled right in with these mountains (above)So basically I'm having a great time.
And school, school is great. Everyone in class is friendly and I can talk to anyone. I don't understand a word or what the heck is going on, but it's still fun.
Til next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment