Friday, September 25, 2009

Italian School


Italian school is not as painful as I thought it would be! (:
Here, let me explain a typical school day:

I wake up at 7:00am, and get ready for school.
After I'm ready I wait for my host sister, and then
we both leave.
I walk to school, and it's about ten minutes away. Usually,
we always seem to be a tad late, so we're usually walking pretty fast.

Once I get close to my school, I have to look out for the scooters
whizzing by half a foot away from me.
Right outside entrance of the building, there's a crowd of people smoking.

When I get to class, I'm usually now greeted with "CIAO!!"
and I chime it right back.

I'm in the technological course for school. Which means it's pretty much all boys
except for me and five other chicks. And it's all like math and science. I have
like 5 different types of science classes no joke.
For right now, I usually sit there and stare at random spots on walls.
Once in a while I'll read along so I can comprehend more what they're talking
about. Yes the language barrier sucks.

The teachers change classes, not the students. We just sit back and relax and
let the learning come to us.

To the left is the cafe at school. nice eh?

During breaks I follow my friend Serena, or somehow (this has happened to me a lot)
random people find me and start talking to me in english. I mean people I haven't met
before. It's nice though.

School goes from 8:05 - 1:20, and yes, I have school on saturday. Just til 11:30 though.

I love my classmates though! So school is great because of that. I can't complain! (:



No comments: