These past few weeks have been filled with rafting and climbing cliffs!
Haha, sounds pretty cool, but it wasn't that extreme. I love my local chapter, here
in Ivrea. It's REALLY good.

Rafting was very fun. It wasn't like white water rafting, it was more like all paddling together,
and trying not to get banked on a sand bar. But the view was AMAZING. We were right in the mountains, and when we ended, we were back in
Ivrea!
In this picture, you can't really see the amazing view... But these are all the spectacular exchange students.. and then some (:
Then this last week, I went rock climbing! I thought, up until we got there, that we were going to climb a rock wall, with all the fun colored rocks glued to a wall.. Haha not the case. It was actually
a cliff. I was like, alright, cool! We were up in the

mountains (again, BEAUTIFUL! I love the mountains!) and it was very windy. But I had a lot of fun. There were a few difficult parts, but it was pretty easy, anyone could do it!
I'm not sure if I have mentioned this on here. My host sister, Michela, went on exchange to the USA last year through AFS. While she was there, she got a boyfriend, Dallas, who has been living with us since September 20th until November 1st, but he might be staying longer. So I have a unofficial, american, host brother. This is kind of an unusual case, but I like having another person who is going through a lot of the same stuff I am, and in the same house!
So we all hang out a lot. On the weekends, we usually go to a bar, like Jamaica. Jamaica is a bar
that everyone goes completely gaga over.

I have to admit it is a pretty chill place. There's
like little tree house like things inside that people all sit on the ground in.. It's kind of hard to explain, but it is very cool, and the decorations
are outrageous!
The picture above pretty much describes the relationship between me, Miki, and Dallas. It was taken at Jamaica, good times!Any who, after going to the bar, we would probably hit up Sugho. Sugho is a disco that everyone tweaks out about. Honestly, the first few weeks I was here, all I heard was "ARE YOU GOING TO SUGHO!?" haha. The funny thing is, I've been there twice and I haven't once been inside. Lot's of people here just hang outside of the disco's. Which is nice because I sometimes rather just talk than pay 5 euros to shout over the music. I'll update you as soon as I know what the disco's are like on the inside!
As for the language goes. Ah everyone talks to me in English. And especially because my host sister went to USA and Dallas is here, it's hard to speak Italian at home. But I am starting to pick up bits of what's going on in conversations. One baby step at a time. (:
That's all for now, ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment